Mesa Labs Privacy Notice
Last Modified: 09/29/2019
Mesa Laboratories, Inc. (“Mesa Labs” or “We”) respect your privacy. We have developed this Privacy Notice to describe our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data we may collect from you or that you may provide when visiting our websites (mesalabs.com, sterilizermonitoring.mesalabs.com, email@example.com or other digital properties, communications, or forms that link or refer to this Notice (collectively, our “Website”).
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. By engaging with our Website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Notice section below). Your continued engagement with our Website after any such revisions indicates you accept and consent to them, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
WHO WE ARE
Mesa Laboratories, Inc.
12100 West 6th Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80228
DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use different types of data from and about you including:
- Personal data that we could reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email address, and telephone number, or that you provide to us through our Website (“personal data”).
- Non-personal data that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as statistical or aggregated information.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream data for navigation to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
- If we combine or connect non-personal or technical data with personal data so that they directly or indirectly identify an individual, we treat the combined information as personal data.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give use information about you by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we automatically collect technical data about your equipment and browsing activity as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies section below).
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, or search information providers.
COOKIES AND AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Essential cookies enable you to navigate our Website and to use its services and features. Without these cookies, our Website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like, and we may not be able to provide certain core functions and features.
- Analytics cookies collect information about the use of our website and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us the most frequently visited pages and analyze site traffic. We use them to look at overall patterns of usage on the site, rather than the usage of any particular individual.
- We use third-party service providers, including Google Analytics, to analyze the use of our website. You can opt-out of the use of web analysis at any time by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin offered by Google or by configuring your browser to delete and reject cookies.
- Customer interaction cookies allow us to communicate with you.
- Marketing cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads for web properties here (Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices) or here (Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out Page).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the site, but some features may not function. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Website and provide you with the information, products, services, and support that you request from us.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing or collections or to comply with legal requirements.
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when the data were collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products, or services.
- Administer our Website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With our service providers, agents, or business partners so that they may perform services for us, including running our Website and specific features on the site, monitoring and analyzing web traffic, managing customer information databases, sending communications for us, executing marketing programs and delivering ads, processing payments and calculating sales tax or other required tax, processing and shipping product orders, and delivering products and services.
- With our affiliates for purposes of supporting our business operations, which may include legal and administrative support.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
In the event of a sale or restructuring of the business, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of the company’s assets. In such an event, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
We may share non-personal data without restriction.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
We are based in the United States. We may process, store, and transfer the personal data we collect or receive, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own. Where required, we rely on legally-approved mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, including relying on an adequacy decision confirming that the recipient country offers an appropriate level of personal data protection or appropriate controls such as the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, social networks or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We do not direct our Website to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 or as defined by local legal requirements. If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without appropriate consent, we will delete such data from our active databases.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN RESIDENTS – EU SPECIFIC TERMS
To comply with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 or “GDPR”) for our European users, this Privacy Notice outlines the legal basis on which we process your personal data and provides other information required by the GDPR. The terms and conditions contained in this section – Notice to European Residents – EU Specific Terms – applies only to the personal data of European Union residents we may process.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will only process your information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason(s) we collected and need to use your personal data. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: Where you have told us you are happy for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, such as when you request that we contact you with information about our products and services.
- Legitimate interests: Where the processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where your interests are overridden by your rights or interests. This may include processing to inform you of changes to our Website, products, or services; to provide you with information about other products or services we offer; to conduct internal operations such as billing, support, or troubleshooting; and to improve our Website, products, and services.
- Contractual necessity: Where the processing is necessary based on your purchase of a product or service from our Website.
- Legal claims: Where the processing of your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Legal obligation: Where we are required by law to process your personal data.
We will retain personal data for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you; whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; whether the retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for example, statutes of limitation, litigation, or regulatory investigations); and whether retention is consistent with our internal records retention and management policies.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us:
- To request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- To object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing;
- To request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of your personal data by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such withdrawal will not affect the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal.
How to exercise your rights
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. The exercise of the above rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We will post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page and indicate on the Website home page that we updated this Notice. If the changes materially alter how we use or treat your personal data we will notify you to the primary contact information we have on file and/or through a notice on the Website home page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.