- Removal Torque: With a single keystroke, the cap can be removed and reapplied to a designated torque level. The measured values can be stored in the analyzer’s memory.
- Incremental Torque: The proper installation of a cap with an internal seal can be verified with this test.
- Bridge Torque: This test determines the rotational force required to break the bands that bridge the gap between the cap and the tamper evident band on either an aluminum roll-on cap or a plastic cap.
- Reverse Ratchet Torque: This measures the torque required to rotate a child-resistant cap in its free running state.
- ROPP (Roll on Pilfer Proof): This test is designed to measure the torque required to open, break the bridges and then strip the threads on a Roll on Pilfer Proof cap.
- Close: This selection enables the system to be used as a capping device. When used in this mode the actual closing value can be saved and outputted.
- Strip: The strip test is designed to measure the torque required to drive the cap in a clockwise direction (close) in order to break the tamper evident band and remove the cap completely from the product.
- Length: 18 in. (45cm)
- Width: 13.8 in. (35 cm)
- Height: 32 in. (82 cm) 32 in.
- Weight: 160 lbs (Ship wt.)
- Torque Range In-Lb (N-m): 5 – 200 in-lbs
- Accuracy: +/- 0.125% FS on 5-20 in-lbs models, +/- 0.5% FS on 30-200 in-lbs models
- Resolution: 1:1000
- Speed Range: 1 RPM (1-8 RPM w/ multi-speed option)
- Input/Outputs: RS-232 Cable, USB, Ethernet
- Voltage: 100/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Amperage: 2.0A max
- Operation Humidity: up to 90% (non-condensing)
- Operation Temperature: 32-100°F (0 – 40°C)
- CE Certification: Yes
- Optional LCD display with 0.01 units of resolution
- Region 2 ISM band (902-928 MHz) or Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g)
- Two digital and one analog (dry contact/binary) inputs
- Local audible and visual alerts
- Mute button
- Removable probe terminal blocks
- Convenient probe exchange
Torque Equipment Calibration & Repair
Mesa Labs offers two easy ways to get your cap torque testing machines service: send in your equipment or on-site calibration or repair at your facility.
Torque Upgrade & Trade-In Options
Looking to upgrade an old cap torque analyzer? Mesa’s new models have better ergonomics and repeatability, and you may be eligible for a trade-in discount.