The SureTorque features a servo drive control, infinite chuck rotation, quick-change tooling, a color touchscreen interface, and faster cycle times.
The corrosion resistant stainless steel head enclosure and anodized aluminum frame construction makes SureTorque ideally suited for the most demanding applications, such as testing closure torque at Carbonated Soda Drink (CSD), juice, bleach bottling operations as well as cleanroom environments.
The unit is equipped with anti-bridging, anti-tie down anti-repeat dual actuation safety start switches, but for maximum operator safety, the SureTorque can be also equipped with a full machine guard.
- Highly accurate
- Eliminates manual variances
- Fast and easy changeovers
- Ideal for industrial environments
- Decreases risk of ergonomic injury
- Test and record data in U.S. (lb-in) or S.I. (Nm)
- Real time, automatic display
- NIST traceable calibration procedure
- Strain gauge transducer technology
- Automatic container clamping and closure gripping
- Adjustable torque application speed
- Counter balance system for height adjustment
- Infinite rotation (SERVO)
- Encoder to measure angular degree of rotation
- Heavy duty components
- Applied Torque: The SureTorque or ST-120 can be used as a benchtop capper, tightening the cap to a customer defined setpoint.
- Release Torque: The ST-120 is designed to accurately measure the release (thread break) torque of a cap.
- Peak/Transient Torque: The standard ST-120 can measure and display the Applied or Release Peak in a torque testing cycle, however with optional hardware upgrades it is also possible to measure certain torque transients such as the engagement torque of a CR closure system or the peak of the bridge break torque of a Tamper Evident Band.
- Container/Closure Fatigue: By allowing the ST-120 to apply and release the cap a number of times, it is possible to evaluate the effect of fatigue on the torque retention and seal quality of the closure and seal.
- Release and Re-apply Torque: When packaging expensive products it is often required to return the tested container to the packaging line. By automatically re-applying the torque to the operator defined setpoint it is possible to save the product.
- Topload Force (optional): This feature allows the monitoring and control of topload force. When testing child resistent caps or other closures requiring topload adjustment this feature allows the evaluation of topload force in the function of rotation and torque.
- Capacity: 0-88 lb-in (0-10Nm), both CW and CCW
- Accuracy: +/-0.5 FS (i.e. 0.44lbfin for the 88lbfin capacity model)
- Repeatability: +/-0.2 lb-in for one set up
- Calibration: Dead weight, NIST certifiable NIST
- Resolution: 0.1 unit (optionally 0.01 or 1)
- Maximum overload: 150%
- Rotation: infinite
- Torque tests: tightening, removal (CR, CT, etc.)
- Torque units: dNm, Nm, kg-cm, kg-m, oz-in, lb-in
- Torque transducer: 350 ohm, strain gauge
- Control: UnitronicsVision 120 OPLC
- Analog signal acquisition: 16bit, 12.5ms
- Average response time: <12ms
- HMI display: 320×240 graphical touchscreen
- Communication protocol: RS-232 or RS-485
- Real-time clock: 7 year typical battery backup
- Air: 60-80 PSI, 4cfm
- Power: 120VAC, 5A
- Temperature: 41-104°F (5-40°C)
- Relative humidity: 20-80%
- Dimensions: 12″x 16″x 31″
- Weight: approximately 60 lbs.
- Enclosure: NEMA12 (Optionally, NEMA4X)
- Material, coating: Clear anodized aluminum (Optionally, Teflon hardcoat anodized)
- NEMA 4X electrical enclosures
- Explosion proof electrical enclosures
- Light curtain or interlocked guarding
- Alarms (audio and/or visual)
- Inlet air filter assembly
- 10” platform extension to accommodate large containers
- Column extension block(s) to accommodate taller containers
- ecial container and closure fixtures
- Additional sets of change parts (collets and clamps)
- Topload monitoring capability
- Custom-designed software and hardware
- Base adapter for small containers
- Various start button configurations (optical or push-button)
- Password protection (4 levels)
- Programmable decaytime
- Customizable data communication
- Data acquisition
- Emergency stop button
- Training and service
- Floating chuck (topload control for child-resistant (CR) caps)
- Eliminate topload introduced friction when testing “loose” caps, caps with Tamper Evident Band (TEB) or when tightening loose caps
Torque Equipment Calibration & Repair
Mesa Labs offers two easy ways to get your cap torque testing machines service: send in your equipment or on-site calibration or repair at your facility.
Torque Upgrade & Trade-In Options
Looking to upgrade an old cap torque analyzer? Mesa’s new models have better ergonomics and repeatability, and you may be eligible for a trade-in discount.