The ST Series of Manual Cap Torque Analyzers are designed to measure application and removal torque of bottle caps up to 50 lbFin [5.65 Nm].
Adjustable posts effectively grip a broad range of container shapes and sizes, while optional flat and adjustable jaws are available for unique profiles. A rugged aluminum design, and simple, intuitive operation allow for use in laboratory and production environments.
Class-leading accuracy of ±0.3% and blazingly fast sampling rate of 7,000 Hz ensure reliable and consistent test results, even in quick-action applications. The ST Series of Manual Torque Testers includes a range of sophisticated productivity-enhancing features, including USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs, automatic data output and zeroing upon cap removal, memory storage for 1,000 readings, pass/fail indicators and outputs, and more. Password protection is provided to prevent unauthorized changes to settings and calibration. The ST Series of analyzers include MESURTM Lite data acquisition software. MESURTM Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. Data stored in the unit’s memory can also be downloaded in bulk. One-click export to Excel allows for further data manipulation.
- Automatic output, data storage, and zeroing upon bottle cap removal helps automate testing processes
- 1,000-point data memory with statistics and outputs
- Programmable set point indicators and outputs for pass/fail determination
- Password protection prevents unauthorized changes
- MESURTM Lite data collection software included
- High-speed 7,000 Hz sampling rate accurately captures peak torque values
- First / second peak detection mode for measuring thread break and bridge peak when testing closures with tamper evident band
- Moveable posts and other available gripping options accommodate a wide range of sample shapes and sizes
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs
- Capacity and resolution: 25 or 50 x 0.01 lbFin, 400 x 0.2 ozFin, 28 x 0.02 kgFcm, 290 x 0.2 Ncm, 2.9 x 0.002 Nm
- Accuracy: +0.3% of full scale
- Maximum overload: 150%
- Torque tests: Closure Application/Removal
- Sampling rate: 7,000 Hz
- Power: AC or battery
- Battery Life: Backlit- up to 7 hours, backlight off- up to 24 hours
- Units: ozFin, lbFin, kgFcm, Nm, Ncm
- Outputs: USB / RS-232, Mitutoyo
- Weight: 8.4 lb
Torque Equipment Calibration & Repair
Mesa Labs offers two easy ways to get your cap torque testing machines service: send in your equipment or on-site calibration or repair at your facility.
Torque Upgrade & Trade-In Options
Looking to upgrade an old cap torque analyzer? Mesa’s new models have better ergonomics and repeatability, and you may be eligible for a trade-in discount.