Process Challenge Devices® (PCD®) are externally placed on pallets to assure terminal sterilization of medical devices. PCDs have defined resistance values that match internal sterilization challenges.
- Mesa PCD® have unique patented packaging of a variety of B. atrophaeus biological indicators to match your process.
- You can use PCD® for both validation and routine monitoring of Ethylene Oxide sterilization cycles.
- PCDs have consistent resistance and are certified to ISO 13485 quality systems for medical devices.
- Mesa’ s PCD® line offers a broad range of available resistance levels and biological indicator (BI) types to meet endless cycle configurations. See the product section below…
- Our PCD® Selection Set offers 4 of the most common configurations in one kit to determine appropriate resistance level for your cycle.
- We can provide faster turnaround with self-contained biological indicators.
Type 2 (Most Resistance)
Type 3 (Least Resistance)
Type 4 (Medium Resistance)
Type 5 (Low Resistance)
Type 6 (Medium Resistance)
Type 7 (Medium Resistance)
Product Label: Polyolefin plastic with removable pressure sensitive test tube label.
Mounting Card: PVC plastic with a pressure sensitive adhesive strip for mounting on the outside of a sterilizer load.
EO Resistant Barrier Pouch: Proprietary multi-layer plastic film combinations result in consistent EO sterilization resistance to all commercial processes.
Biological Indicator: Per customer specification. Any commercially available BI test strip, disc or Self Contained BI (SCBI).
Contract studies laboratory
Mesa’s independent contract studies laboratory performs certified and compliant third-party chemical and biological indicator testing and verification.
Sterilization cycle development
Get expert help for your bioburden. Mesa Labs assists with sterilization cycle development, BI qualification and validation, and routine monitoring support.