January 10, 2018, Lakewood, Colorado – Mesa Labs’ DataTrace Pro Software can calculate lethality, and be added to the graphing function of the DT Pro’s Reports. The configuration is slightly different between versions (version 1.3 versus version 1.2).
To setup lethality calculations, follow the simple steps below:
- Go to Configuration Tools -> System Setup -> Calculations Tab.
- Uncheck the “Disabled” boxes next to each calculation desired, thus enabling them. This is the variation from version 1.2, in which the user checked the options to “Enable” them, rather than disabling the calculations.
- Click the “Config” button next to each calculation to be included in the graph.
- Uncheck “Display Final Value Only” so the software will show all values.
- Next, go into the current report.
- Click the Graph tab.
- Right click, and highlight “Plot”.
- Check “Fo,” or desired calculation.
Food poisoning comes in many forms, but is primarily caused by the human consumption of toxins that are byproducts of the bacterial growth found in foods. It is important for food manufacturers to calculate lethality and know where their products fall on the spectrum, so they may provide safe products to the public for consumption.
Make sure your data logging software is capable of tracking this important calculation!