September 28, 2017, Lakewood, Colorado – September is National Dental Infection Control Awareness Month, as designated by the Organization for Safety, Asepsis, and Prevention (OSAP). This awareness promotes commitment to infection control by adopting the CDC’s Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care and Companion Checklist. The checklist provides several elements to be assessed, including:
- Prevention education and training on infectious controls
- Personnel safety
- Program evaluation
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette
- Sharps safety
- Safe injection practices
- Sterilization and disinfection of patient-care items and devices
- Environmental infection prevention and control
- Dental unit water quality
We at Mesa Labs care about the safety of patients and their trust in their dentists and oral surgeons. It is paramount that professionals in the dental industry are diligent with their spore testing and infection control programs and adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth by the CDC and OSAP.
Learn about Mesa’s Spore Testing services for your dental office by visiting our website: http://sporetesting.mesalabs.com/.